- 9780820351971 The Black Panther Party in a City Ne…
- 9780820351995 The Black Panther Party in a City ne…
Detailseite wird geladen...
12, ISBN: 9780820351988
Hardcover, PLEASE NOTE, WE DO NOT SHIP TO DENMARK. New Book. Shipped from UK in 4 to 14 days. Established seller since 2000. Please note we cannot offer an expedited shipping service from the UK., [PU: University of Georgia Press]
Shipping costs:plus shipping costs
Lieferung innerhalb 1-4 Werktagen. Versandkostenfrei, wenn Buch oder Hörbuch enthalten ist, sonst 2,95 EUR. Ab 19,90 EUR versandkostenfrei. (Deutschland) Bücher > Wissenschaft > Geschichte, University of Georgia Press
No. 28876307. Shipping costs:Zzgl. Versandkosten. (EUR 0.00)
The Black Panther Party in a City Near You The-Black-Panther-Party-in-a-City-Near-You~~Judson-Jeffries U.S. History>U.S. History>U.S. History Hardcover, University of Georgia Press
new Shipping costs:zzgl. Versandkosten., plus shipping costs
Black Panther Party in a City Near You ab 86.49 EURO Black Panther Party in a City Near You ab 86.49 EURO Bücher > Wissenschaft > Geschichte, [PU: University of Georgia Press]
No. 28876307. Shipping costs:Zzgl. Versandkosten., plus shipping costs
2017, ISBN: 9780820351988
Hardcover, Buch, [PU: University of Georgia Press]
Shipping costs:Versand in 10-15 Tagen, , No shipping costs within Germany. (EUR 0.00)
This is the third volume in Judson L. Jeffries’s long-range effort to paint a more complete portrait of the most widely known organization to emerge from the 1960s Black Power Movement. Like its predecessors (Comrades: A Local History of the Black Panther Party  and On the Ground: The Black Panther Party in Communities across America ), this volume looks at Black Panther Party (BPP) activity in sites outside Oakland, the most studied BPP locale and the one long associated with oversimplified and underdeveloped narratives about, and distorted images of, the organization.
The cities covered in this volume are Atlanta, Boston, Dallas, and Washington, D.C. The contributors examine official BPP branches and chapters as well as offices of the National Committee to Combat Fascism that evolved into full-fledged BPP chapters and branches. They have mined BPP archives and interviewed members to convey the daily ups-and-downs related to BPP’s social-justice activities and to reveal the diversity of rank-and-file BPP members’ personal backgrounds and the legal, political, and social skills, or baggage, that they brought to the BPP.
The BPP reportedly had a presence in some forty places across the country. During this time, no other Black Power Movement organization fed as many children, provided healthcare to as many residents, educated as many adults, assisted as many senior citizens, and clothed as many people. In point of fact, no other organization of the Black Power era had as great an impact on American lives as did the BPP. Nonetheless, when Jeffries undertook this project, chapter-level scholarly investigations of the BPP were few and far between. This third book, The Black Panther Party in a City Near You, raises the number of BPP branches that Jeffries and his contributors have examined to seventeen.
Contributors: Curtis Austin, Judson L. Jeffries, Charles E. Jones, Ava Kinsey, Duncan MacLaury, Sarah Nicklas, John P
Details of the book - The Black Panther Party in a City Near You
EAN (ISBN-13): 9780820351988
ISBN (ISBN-10): 0820351989
Publishing year: 2010
Publisher: University of Georgia Press
Book in our database since 28.06.2017 11:52:09
Book found last time on 15.03.2018 15:12:45
ISBN - alternate spelling:
< to archive...
- "The Black Panther Party in a City Near You", from "Judson Jeffries, Curtis Austin, Charles Jones, Ava Kinsey, Duncan MacLaury, Sarah Nicklas, John Preusser" (9780820351971)
- "The Black Panther Party in a City near You", from "University of Georgia Press" (9780820351995)
- "The Slave-Trader´s Letter-Book: Charles Lamar, the Wanderer, and Other Tales of the African Slave Trade", from "Jordan, Jim" (9780820351964)
- "Redrawing the Historical Past: History, Memory, and Multiethnic Graphic Novels", from "Martha J. Cutter, Cathy J. Schlund-Vials, Frederick Luis Aldama, Julie Armstrong, Katharine Capshaw, Monica Chiu, Jennifer Glaser, Taylor Hagood, Caroline Kyungah Hong, Angela Laflen, Catherine H. Nguyen, Jorge Santos, Jeffrey Santa Ana" (9780820352008)
- "The Slave-Trader's Letter-Book", from "Jim Jordan" (9780820351957)
- "Redrawing the Historical Past: History, Memory, and Multiethnic Graphic Novels" (9780820352015)