Detailseite wird geladen...
A writer questions the architecture of words, struggling to capture his ideas before they are lost; a husband excavating beneath his house becomes mesmerised by silence and disappears in search of solitude; a lighthouse keeper dreams that he is a man dreaming that he is the keeper of a lighthouse. Magnificent in its scope and imagery, David Brooks' mastery of the written word is eclipsed in this thought-provoking collection. Both evocative and experimental, Brooks' stories conjure fragments of memory and time, capturing streetscapes and heartscapes in a mosaic-style splendour. Lyrical and perceptive, brave and illuminating, Napoleon's Roads explores the richness of language and the possibilities of expression, while exemplifying some of the most sophisticated, polished and beautiful contemporary literature in Australia today. Fiction Fiction eBook, University of Queensland Press
Shipping costs:zzgl. Versandkosten., plus shipping costs
Details of the book - Napoleon's Roads
EAN (ISBN-13): 9780702256332
Publisher: University of Queensland Press
Book in our database since 18.02.2018 18:32:07
Book found last time on 18.02.2018 18:32:07
ISBN - alternate spelling:
< to archive...
- "Finding Eliza", from "Larissa Behrendt" (9780702256318)
- "Courting Blakness: Recalibrating Knowledge in the Sandstone University", from "Foley, Fiona" (9780702256295)
- "Rain May and Captain Daniel", from "Catherine Bateson" (9780702256271)
- "Rain May and Captain Daniel", from "Catherine Bateson" (0702256269)
- "Mister Cassowary", from "Samantha Wheeler" (9780702256219)
- "Kumiko and the Dragon", from "Briony Stewart" (0702256455)