Detailseite wird geladen...
2005, ISBN: 3039103229
[EAN: 9783039103225], Neubuch, [PU: Oxford, Bern, Berlin, Bruxelles, Frankfurt am Main, New York, Wien, 2005. 208 pp.], Literary Criticism|European|German, Literary Criticism|Women Authors, The German Revolution of 1848-49 offered a significant literary opportunity for all those interested in politics in general and the progress of women in society in particular. This book explores the work of a number of women who took up the challenge of breaking into the decidedly male preserve of political writing in this period. The focus is on women with very different concerns: Malwida von Meysenbug, the aristocrat who supported the democratic cause, the assimilated Jew Fanny Lewald; the housewife, musician, composer and teacher Johanna Kinkel; and the radical feminist Louise Aston. The work examines the strategies these women employed to negotiate potentially explosive issues such as the politics of the day, class, religion and gender, as well as the way traditional images like the father-child relationship are exploited to express new thoughts. Using a combination of close textual reading and thematically based analysis the book illuminates the authors? individual works and explores underlying issues that are common to all.
Peter Lang Publishing Group, Bern, Switzerland  [Rating: 2 (von 5)]
NEW BOOK Shipping costs: EUR 4.00
Voices of Rebellion: Political Writing by Malwida von Meysenbug, Fanny Lewald, Johanna Kinkel and Louise Aston Voices-of-Rebellion~~Ruth-Whittle Literature>Literature>Lit Companions Paperback, Peter Lang Ltd, International Academic Publishers
new Shipping costs:zzgl. Versandkosten, plus shipping costs
1 volume, please be aware of language, air mail shipment from Germany within 2-6 weeks, we deliver to any country - please ask us to enable delivery to your country!
Shipping costs: EUR 101.73
Voices of Rebellion - Political Writing by Malwida von Meysenbug, Fanny Lewald, Johanna Kinkel and Louise Aston - Paperback
2005, ISBN: 9783039103225
[ED: Taschenbuch], [PU: Lang, Peter Bern], [SC: 0.00], Neuware, gewerbliches Angebot, [GW: 320g]
Shipping costs:Versandkostenfrei, Versand nach Deutschland (EUR 0.00)
2005, ISBN: 3039103229
[EAN: 9783039103225], Neubuch, [PU: Verlag Peter Lang 2005-07-01, Pieterlen], Literary Criticism|European|German, Literary Criticism|Women Authors
Blackwell's, Oxford, OX, United Kingdom  [Rating: 4 (von 5)]
NEW BOOK Shipping costs: EUR 2.94
Voices of Rebellion (Britische und Irische Studien zur Deutschen Sprache und Literatur/British and Irish Studies in German Language and Literature)
Details of the book - Voices of Rebellion (Britische und Irische Studien zur Deutschen Sprache und Literatur/British and Irish Studies in German Language and Literature)
EAN (ISBN-13): 9783039103225
ISBN (ISBN-10): 3039103229
Publishing year: 2005
Publisher: Oxford Bern Berlin Bruxelles Frankfurt/M. New York Wien : Lang
Book in our database since 08.05.2007 17:06:43
Book found last time on 25.01.2017 21:26:13
ISBN - alternate spelling:
< to archive...
- "Depicting Desire Gender, Sexuality and the Family in Nineteenth Century Europe: Literary and Artistic Perspectives", from "Langford, Rachael (ed.)" (9783039103218)
- "The Material Object in the Work of Marcel Proust (Modern French Identities)", from "Tom Baldwin, Peter Collier" (9783039103232)
- "Eros and Thanatos: A Psycho-Literary Investigation of Walter Vogt's Life and Works (Studies in Modern German Literature)", from "Bennett I Enowitch" (9783039103201)
- "The Story of an Architect King Stanislas Leszczynski in Lorraine 1737-1766", from "Tyszczuk, Renata" (9783039103249)
- "Le Journal de Julien Green. Miroir d'une âme, miroir d'un siècle. Modern French Identities Band 39. 289 Seiten", from "O'Dwyer, Michael; Raclot und Michèle" (9783039103195)
- "Luise Büchner (Women in German Literature)", from "Cordelia Scharpf" (9783039103256)