Detailseite wird geladen...
Exhaustively researched and almost flirtatiously opinionated, W"hen Blanche Met Brando" is everything a fan needs to know about the ground-breaking New York and London stage productions of Williams' "Streetcar" as well as the classic Brando/Leigh film. Sam Staggs' interviews with all the living cast members of each production will enhance what's known about the play and movie, and help make this book satisfying as both a pop culture read and as a deeper piece of thinking about a well-known story. Readers will come away from this book delighted with the juicy behind-the-scenes stories about cast, director, playwright and the various productions and will also renew their curiosity about the connection between the role of Blanche and Viven Leigh's insatiable sexual appetite and later descent into breakdown. They may also-for the first time-question whether the character of Blanche was actually "mad" or whether her anxiousness was symptomatic of another disorder. "A Streetcar Named Desire" is one of the most haunting and most-studied modern plays. Staggs' new book will fascinate fans and richen newcomers' understanding of its importance in American theater and movie history. When Blanche Met Brando: The Scandalous Story of A Streetcard Named Desire Staggs, Sam, St. Martin's Press
Shipping costs:zzgl. Versandkosten, plus shipping costs
2005, ISBN: 9780312321642
Binding:Gebundene Ausgabe,Label:St Martin's Press,Publisher:St Martin's Press,NumberOfItems:1,medium:Gebundene Ausgabe,numberOfPages:394,publicationDate:2005-06-01,authors:Sam Staggs,ISBN:0312321643 Gebundene Ausgabe, St Martin's Press
Nr. M00312321643 Shipping costs:, 3, DE. (EUR 1.00)
St. Martin's Press. Hardcover. GOOD. Gently used may contain ex-library markings, possibly has some light highlighting, textual notations, and or underlining. Text is still easily readable., St. Martin's Press
Shipping costs: EUR 8.19
St. Martin's Press. Hardcover. 0312321643 Unbeatable customer service, and we usually ship the same or next day. Over one million satisfied customers! . New., St. Martin's Press
Your Online Bookstore
Shipping costs: EUR 14.79
St. Martin's Press. Hardcover. 0312321643 Very Good Condition. Five star seller - Buy with confidence! . Very Good., St. Martin's Press
Shipping costs: EUR 23.90
When Blanche Met Brando: The Scandalous Story of "A Streetcar Named Desire"
Details of the book - When Blanche Met Brando: The Scandalous Story of "A Streetcar Named Desire"
EAN (ISBN-13): 9780312321642
ISBN (ISBN-10): 0312321643
Publishing year: 2005
Publisher: St. Martin's Press
Book in our database since 09.11.2007 07:13:46
Book found last time on 07.02.2017 17:00:08
ISBN - alternate spelling:
< to archive...
- "Trouble Don't Last Always", from "Ray, Francis" (0312321635)
- "When Blanche Met Brando: The Scandalous Story of "A Streetcar Named Desire"", from "Staggs, Sam" (9780312321666)
- "Four Days in November: The Original Coverage of the John F. Kennedy Assassination", from "New York Times, The Staff of the New York Times, Robert B. Semple" (0312321619)
- "Splendid Omens", from "Wilson, Robley" (0312321678)
- "The Essential Atkins for Life Kit: Tools, Tips, and Techniques for Maintaining a Low Carb Lifestyle, Permanent Weight Loss, and Optimal Health [With 1", from "Robert C. Atkins" (0312321600)
- "What Happy People Know: How the New Science of Happiness Can Change Your Life for the Better", from "Stauth, Cameron; Baker, Dan; Stauth, Cameron" (0312321597)